To submit an opening, click here.
Organization: Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
Post Until: 10/27/2020
Category(ies): Management, Supervisor Airport Maintenance, Operations, and Security Enforcement
Type of Position: Full-time
Education Needed: High School/GED
Experience: 3-5 years
Salary (Yearly): $45,947 - $69,722
Description & Details:
ABOUT THIS POSITION
THIS IS A CRITICAL POSITION. During the current health crisis, any job interviews will be held by video or audio conference.
Please be aware that you may be required to undergo screening for symptoms of COVID-19 which may include answering questions regarding symptoms or having your body temperature read as part of this job. You may also be required to wear a face covering or use other personal protective equipment (PPE) related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Aviation Supervisor II is responsible for supervising personnel involved in airport maintenance, airport operations, and security enforcement. Duties vary by airport assignment and function.
We are currently recruiting for an Aviation Supervisor II at Sky Harbor International Airport – Airside Operations.
This recruitment and any interview process as a result of this recruitment may be used by multiple hiring managers and multiple departments throughout the City to fill any related current or future vacancies; other recruitments and appropriate eligible lists may also be considered.
- Knowledge of airport operational and emergency procedures, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Part 139 Airport regulations and Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Part 1542 Airport Security regulations, and general airline operations.
- Technical knowledge specific to airfield markings, signage, lighting, self-inspection, Part 77 obstruction criteria and airfield construction safety and security requirements.
- Understanding of supervisor admin duties to include report writing, shift logs, communication, basic IT skills, training and employee evaluation reviews
$45,947 - $69,722 annually.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA plan; wellness incentive of up to $720 annually; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days and personal leave days. For more details, view Unit 7 Benefits at: https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/Benefit%20Category/007.pdf
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in commercial or military airport activities or a technically specific area,
- One year of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- Positions may work irregular hours, second and/or third shifts, weekends, holidays, and evenings.
- Positions may work outside in a variety of environmental extremes such as heat, cold, rain, air pollution, and dust.
- The City job description can be found at: https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/JobDescriptions/25230.pdf
- The following list is not all inclusive, but are TSA general factors for disqualification of employment for working at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. Other factors will be assessed that may also lead to disqualification. Qualified candidates should consider these factors when applying. View Aviation Employment Disqualifiers at: https://forms.skyharbor.aero/Downloads/AviationEmploymentDisqualifiers.pdf
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS – The minimum qualifications listed above, plus:
- Experience with airfield / airline operations at a commercial or military airport including movement and non-movement area and airfield safety and security.
Recruitment closes October 27, 2020. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at https://www.phoenix.gov/hr/current-jobs/ by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please visit: https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/Documents/Talent-Acquisition/Employment-Information.pdf
- View All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities at: https://www.phoenix.gov/hr/current-jobs/
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Aviation Supervisor II, JC: 25230, ID# 37290
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Spend Wisely, Be Kind.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply online at https://www.phoenix.gov/hr/current-jobs/ by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
Organization: Yellowstone Regional Airport Joint Powers Board
Date Needed: 12/31/2020
Post Until: 11/15/2020
Type of Position: Full-time
Education Needed: Bachelor's
Experience: 5-10 years
Salary (Yearly): $92,500 – $97,500
Description & Details:
The Yellowstone Regional Airport Joint Powers Board is seeking an Airport Director. As Airport Director, you will plan, organize, and direct the operations, maintenance, and development of the Yellowstone Regional Airport (COD). Responsibilities also include community relations, air service development, marketing, fiscal oversight and strategic planning, and other related work as required. The Joint Powers Board is seeking an effective, professional leader who can position the Airport to meet the community’s current and future air travel and general aviation needs.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of:
• Aviation management, including development and implementation of safety programs involving all aspects of airport operations;
• All federal, state and local laws as they relate to airport activities;
• The air service and general aviation needs of the surrounding area;
• Marketing the services of an airport;
• Policies and procedures of enterprise budgeting, personnel and purchase operations; and
• General Human Resources policies and procedures.
Successful candidates will have a degree from an accredited college or university in Airport Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, or a closely related field; five (5) years progressively responsible experience in airport management at an airport which offers both general aviation and commercial airline services, or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work. Pilot’s license is preferred but not required. Airport industry professional accreditation (C.M. or A.A.E.) required, or the ability to obtain within thirty-six (36) months.
Salary & Benefits
The starting salary range for this position is $92,500 – $97,500 with an attractive range of benefits. For instructions on how to apply, please click here to see the recruitment brochure, or visit the searches tab at www.adkexecutivesearch.com.
Filing Deadline: November 15, 2020